At a press conference this morning (March 14) at The Forum in downtown Binghamton, Broome County Arts Council (BCAC) Executive Director Nancy Barno Reynolds announced the awarding of $222,698 in United Cultural Fund (UCF) grants for 2018. That amount represents 85 percent of the $268,774 received during the 2018 UCF campaign. The remaining 15 percent was retained by the BCAC for administration. Five major arts organizations will receive General Operating Support (GOS) Grants totaling $209,572. Fourteen community non-profit organizations and individual artists will receive project grants totaling...Read more
Tag Archives: United Cultural Fund
Executive Director Laura Knochen-Davis will be leaving the Broome County Arts Council (BCAC) as of July 28. Knochen-Davis told the arts council board of directors that she is facing some family obligations that require her complete attention. "I am disappointed not to be able to continue in my position as I was looking forward to a long relationship with the BCAC," said Knochen-Davis, who became executive director in January 2016. Since February, the BCAC has been developing an organizational strategic plan. Board President Susan Appe, Ph.D., said...Read more
By Barb Van Atta The Broome County Arts Council (BCAC) is awarding $231,246 in United Cultural Fund (UCF) grants for 2017. General operating grants will help support operations of seven major arts organizations. Seventeen project grants will support projects by community non-profits and individual artists. The recipients were to be honored at a press conference Tuesday (March 14), followed by a “Pi Day” celebration and fund-raising event at the Water Street Brewing Co. in downtown Binghamton. The press conference has been canceled due to the impending blizzard, but...Read more
By Barb Van Atta At a news conference today (March 16), the Broome County Arts Council (BCAC) awarded $232,815 in United Cultural Fund (UCF) grants to 22 local arts organizations, community non-profits and individual artists. UCF monies will help provide general operating support for seven major arts organizations in the community and will fund 15 specific projects ranging from classes to concerts to film festivals, said BCAC Executive Director Laura Knochen-Davis. (more…)...Read more
The Broome County Arts Council (BCAC), has awarded $239,575 in United Cultural Fund (UCF) grants this year to 21 local arts organizations, community non-profits, and individual artists. BCAC announced the funding at a March 12th news conference at its 5th floor gallery space at 81 State Street in downtown Binghamton. 2015 UCF grants will help support the operations of 7 major arts organizations, as well as 13 community non-profit and individual artist projects. Funded projects range from choral music to dance, classes to concerts, photography...Read more
By Barb Van Atta The Broome County Arts Council’s Heart of the Arts awards returned today (Sept. 4) with tributes to four members of the local cultural community. Honorees were announced at a 10:30 a.m. press conference at the BCAC offices in downtown Binghamton, hosted by arts council executive director Sharon Ball and BCAC board president Jim Rollo. They are:Read more
• HOTA Lifetime Achievement Award -- Albert Hamme, jazz musician and educator; • Heart of the Arts Award – Judy Berry, soprano and former marketing director...