Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Q?We’re looking for artists who would like to exhibit their work in our space, can you tell us who might be interested?
We don’t maintain a roster of artists for this purpose, but you can send us a “Call for Artists” notice which we can disseminate. It should include:
• your requirements for the work (size, style, subject matter, etc.),
• how long you want the work to be shown,
• how the artist should submit their work,
• whether the artist can sell their work while it’s in your space,
• whether the artist will be paid for the use of their work in your space,
• your contact information, and
• a deadline for submissions.
Send it to us in an email, or a Word or PDF attachment, and we’ll get it listed for you.
Before you bring any artists’ work into your space, you should also be sure you’ve got insurance to cover you if any of the work gets damaged by your employees, customers, clients, or other visitors.
Any questions? Please feel free to give us a call (607-723-4620) or email.
- Q?How can we ask some area artists if they would contribute work to our fund-raiser?
We’d be happy to get information out for your organization. What we need is a “Call for Artists”. That should include
• Who you are;
• What the event is;
• What kind of art you’re looking for;
• Are you expecting the artists to donate their work or the proceeds of the sale to your organization, or a portion thereof;
• Will you accept anything submitted or is there a selection process;
• What is the process and deadline for submission; and
• Contact information if there are any questions.
Once you’ve got all this information together, you can use it to solicit artists individually, too.
- Q?Can I show my work / read my poetry / perform my music in your gallery?
BCAC invites fine artists and cultural curators who live and work in Broome County to submit proposals for gallery exhibitions and programs for consideration by BCAC’s Program and Marketing Committee. Proposals are invited from visual artists, poets and writers, musicians, and performing artists, as well as curators of cultural programs with local significance. Emerging artists are welcome to submit proposals. Priority will be given to BCAC members, but ALL submissions will be considered.
For more information, click here.
- Q?Will you post my information in your calendar/newsletter?
We’re very happy to post your event on our website!
Just so you know, we list events in several ways.
1. In our weekly newsletter, we generally post only BCAC related events, in part because otherwise there’s great, um… interest in whose events get listed in that limited space.
2. The Arts Calendar is a benefit for members of BCAC, so you’ll see events from the major arts organizations to the community groups to individual artists and their shows, all of whom are current members. Because of the number of events, we ask that members post their own events to the calendar.
3. The Arts News section of our website is for any arts-related news and events. Members or not, Broome County and beyond. And we share information about any form of art – performing, visual, literary, media. Send your press releases to firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos are always welcome, but the information itself should be in a text-based format. Submissions may be edited for format or style, and we do reserve the right not to publish unsuitable submissions.