- This event has passed.
First Friday Art Walk Rescheduled to Third Friday
March 16 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Binghamton’s March First Friday Art Walk Rescheduled to Third Friday – MARCH 16
Due to March 2’s snowstorm and state of emergency, most March First Friday events were not held and several are rescheduled to Friday, March 16, from 6-9 PM (unless noted otherwise).
Those venues open on Third Friday March 16 from 6-9 PM are:
– Cooperative Gallery 213 (213 State St., Artists’ Row): “Smart Phone Photography Exhibit and Competition” – Open-themed show, curated by Peg Johnston (Thru Mar. 24, 2018), with People’s Choice Award announced (during Third Friday). Awards to the photographers will be given on Saturday, March 17, during gallery hours, 11-4.
– Orazio Salati Gallery & Studio (204 State St., Artists’ Row): Thomas LaBarbera: “Contemporary in Camera Art” – Creating pieces that uniquely possess the vibrant flowing qualities of color and movement (Thru Apr. 28, 2018).
– Atomic Tom’s (196 State St., Artists’ Row): In Gallery Space: “Carousel: The Covers Show” – A look back at half a decade of free arts and culture press in the Triple Cities.
– Phelps Mansion Museum (191 Court St.): Angela Cook and her guests: Patti Schwartz-Photography, Bob Alan Bricks-Artwork, Brooklyn Heights Healing Help-Various Healing Techniques, Jemma Paventi and Angela Cook-Simple Card Reads (Tarot) with artist reception on Third Friday.
– Burger Mondays (23 Henry St.): Art Exhibit Preview (Thru March): E.B. Schott: “Indigo” – Contemporary Abstract Expression with multi-media incorporating oils, acrylics and encaustic, inspired and aided by nature, that embodies the life color of the Indigo. This show opens on Apr. 6 First Friday. [Artist website: ebschott.com; on Facebook: E.B.Schott; Instagram: ebschottcontemporary.]
– Chatterbox Café (21 Main St.): – “The Amalfi Coast” photo slide show by Damien Sotohp. Café open until 12-midnight.
First Friday Art Walk, presented by Gorgeous Washington Street Association/GWSA, is sponsored in part by M&T Bank, Equinox Broadcasting, and Triple Cities Carousel. More info online: gorgeouswashington.com.