About: Lee Shepherd
Recent Posts by Lee Shepherd
Reviewed by Lee Shepherd
What a perfect show for the Fourth of July or, indeed, for the whole month of July. Invoking anything but knee-jerk patriotism, Woody Guthrie’s American Song at the Chenango River Theatre, gives a strong message -- that liberty and the freedom to speak your mind without fear are precious American rights.
The musical revue traces the life of folk icon Woody Guthrie, composer of more than 3,000 songs characterized by memorable melodies, clever lyrics and fearlessness about telling the truth.
As with an opera, the singing is constant in this Jason Robert Brown show, with little or...
Recent Comments by Lee Shepherd
- November 28, 2017 on Were you art-full this weekend?
- November 20, 2017 on What did you do in the arts this past weekend?
- May 2, 2017 on Hege, Russo and BPO wow audience in evening of show-stoppers
- October 25, 2016 on What did you do in the arts this week?
- July 28, 2014 on Savoyards take amusing and creative detour with revamped ‘Iolanthe’