About: Lee Shepherd
Recent Posts by Lee Shepherd
By Lee Shepherd
Saturday’s “Unlimited Wonders” concert (March 18) at The Forum with the Binghamton Philharmonic Orchestra and the Madrigal Choir of Binghamton afforded me, a choir member, an orchestra-side view of concert preparation rarely seen by audiences.
Daniel Hege, interim conductor for the 2016-17 season, is a first-rate talent, both as an instrumental and vocal conductor.
He programs diverse and interesting concerts, a mix of beloved warhorses and new...
Reviewed by Lee Shepherd
In a week of turbulent events that turned America on its ear, the Binghamton Philharmonic Orchestra paid tribute to veterans and offered a much-needed note of hope for the future. Guest conductor Daniel Hege programmed beloved and iconic works by American composers Aaron Copland and George Gershwin, with guest soloist John Covelli performing Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue.
The Forum in downtown Binghamton was filled almost to capacity Saturday night (Nov. 12), a happy sight testifying to the reputation and popularity of the orchestra...
Anastasia Rizikov first performed here at the age...
Recent Comments by Lee Shepherd
- May 2, 2017 on Hege, Russo and BPO wow audience in evening of show-stoppers
- October 25, 2016 on What did you do in the arts this week?
- July 28, 2014 on Savoyards take amusing and creative detour with revamped ‘Iolanthe’
- November 20, 2013 on Reporter’s notebook: How to give birth to a book
- October 15, 2013 on What have you discovered in the arts this week?