World Night Market
Event Image Art / Logo / Poster Contest
Deadline – 3pm, Monday, January 29, 2018
ABOUT: Students and local artists with a passion for graphic design have an opportunity to see their work featured throughout City of Binghamton and the Southern Tier Region as the official post of the World Night Market Binghamton event. Local artists and students attending High School and College in Broome County are eligible to enter their designs. The winning design will be announced on Thursday, February 1, 2018 via press conference and will then be used in numerous electronic and print materials for the launching and marketing of EatBing’s World Night Market Binghamton, scheduled for May 4, 2018.
Please see the attached rules for more details and use the attached entry form to enter.
EVENT SUMMARY: The World Night Market is launching its’ first International street market event in 2018. Founded and presented by EatBing and the Culinary Tourism Alliance of Binghamton, NY – the World Night Market Binghamton is a nonprofit organization whose Mission is Cultures Come Together Where the Rivers Meet. Experience Binghamton – supporting and showcasing the diversity of the arts, restaurant fair and entertainment culture of Binghamton.
CONTEST WINNER: Prize – ($500) Name recognition with logo; Press release
RUNNERUPS: Will be announced and acknowledged
Deadline for Entries: Students must submit their design and Entry Form by 3:00 p.m. on Monday, January 29, 2018
Design Guidelines: Student’s designs should be dynamic, unique, creative, and represent the local attributes of the City of Binghamton and Broome County.
Use of the name – World Night Market Binghamton should be included in the art.
This artwork will be used on all media, posters, banners, data, letterhead, business cards, etc. It is encouraged that the art incorporate imagery, abstract symbols, or the event Mission Statement: Cultures Come Together Where the Rivers Meet. Experience Binghamton a catchphrase as part of this representation.
Selection of Winner: All original entry designs will be screened; those that have met the guidelines and specifications will be judged by the World Night Market Binghamton Committee. The winner will be announced by February 1, 2018
Logo/Poster Design Contest Rules
Introduction: The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the World Market Binghamton
The logo may be used in all media, including online, print, on merchandise, and other visual collateral.
By participating in the contest, the artist accepts and agrees to comply with the official rules.
Eligibility: The contest is open to all students enrolled in the following school districts:
Binghamton; Johnson City, Endicott, Vestal as well as local artists *Multiple designs are permitted.
Entry: To enter the Contest, eligible participants must:
• Complete the Official Entry Form.
• Create a poster.
• Convert the design into a usable web version and print quality version of the logo. JPEG & PDF
• The logo must adapt well to electronic and print media, to reproduction on small and large surfaces, and to use in color or in grayscale.
• All copyright laws must be followed in the creation of the design.
• The World Night Market Binghamton retains the right to make modifications to the final design as necessary, to produce electronic and print media to their standards.
• The student must keep a copy of his or her original design until results are announced.
• Upon notification, the winner will be required to submit his or her artwork by e-mail in the required software file required by the World Night Market Binghamton for production purposes.
• The World Night Market Binghamton will not return any materials.
• Upon submission, participants release all rights to the World Night Market Binghamton for all reproduction as their property.
• All entries should be submitted with two versions of the art on a single page. The larger version is for judging. The smaller version is to show what the actual logo will look like. The larger version must be approximately 7 inches wide x 7 inches high. The smaller version should be approximately 2 inch x 2 inch. Both versions should be identical. The art does not have to be square, nor to these exact dimensions.
Participants must label the back of their artwork with the following:
• Student’s /Artists Name
• School Name (if applicable) and Full Mailing Address
• Teacher’s Name, E-mail Address, and Daytime Phone Number
Please submit all completed Entry Forms and designs to:
Cynthia Rotella, World Night Director
Mail to: Cynthia Rotella
20 Kneeland Ave.
Binghamton, NY 13905