BCAC Call for Exhibition & Program Proposals
Broome County Arts Council (BCAC) is planning gallery exhibitions and programs for 2017. BCAC invites fine artists and cultural curators who live and work in Broome County to submit proposals for gallery exhibitions and programs for consideration by BCAC’s Program and Marketing Committee. Proposals are invited from visual artists, poets and writers, musicians, and performing artists, as well as curators of cultural programs with local significance. Emerging artists are welcome to submit proposals. Priority will be given to BCAC members but ALL submissions will be considered. BCAC will review proposals on a rolling basis.
ALL Proposals MUST include the following:
• Cover letter: include a short description of the proposed exhibition or program, the proposed theme and/or working title, artist/curator’s contact information, including postal address, e-mail address, and daytime phone number.
• Resume or bio: show artist/curator’s artistic or cultural experience, list past exhibitions, if appropriate, other work experience, and any additional background information.
• Work samples: Hard copy or electronic, including DVD, thumb drive, list of relevant website links or URL where artists work or curator’s projects can be examined. If submitting hard copy samples, provide good quality photos or photocopies. Please DO NOT submit originals. Please tell us if you want your work samples returned.
HARD COPY SUBMISSIONS: Mail or deliver to Broome County Arts Council, 81 State Street, Suite 501, Stephens Square Bldg., Binghamton, NY 13901.
DIGITAL SUBMISSIONS: E-mail cover letter with attachments to: email@example.com
• BCAC will notify artist/curator promptly after submissions are reviewed.
• BCAC reserves the right not to accept any proposal for exhibition.
• For proposals selected for exhibition, BCAC will be responsible for administration, collecting sales taxes, security and insurance. Installation may be negotiated.
• For proposals selected for exhibition, artist will be expected to sign a temporary consignment agreement. BCAC takes a 25% commission on sale of each artwork and all sales are final.
For more information, please contact Broome County Arts Council at 607-723-4620 ore-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.